The Writing Center is operating in-person and virtually through Canvas and Zoom for Autumn 2021. If you do not have access to the Canvas course, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request access on Canvas.
Writing Center Appointments
The Psychology Writing Center is in Guthrie Hall, Rooms 10B & 10D.
Appointments (30 Minutes)
- Schedule appointments online (link at top of page).
- Drop-ins are welcome if the tutor is available.
- Students often cancel appointments. Keep checking online or stop in.
- Limit scheduled appointments to one per day and two per week.
- Course papers receive priority over other writing projects.
- Please cancel appointments in advance as a courtesy to other students (click here to cancel).
- We offer one scheduled appointment for graduate school essays. (For help with resumes, contact the UW Career Center.)
- We can sometimes answer short questions by email, but please come in for detailed advice.
When You Come In
- Be ready to write: have either a draft or a concrete idea about what you want to write.
- Your draft can be incomplete. An outline or just one section of the paper is fine.
- Short, early drafts often are more useful to work on than long or near-final papers.
- We can help you to figure out where to start writing, and we'll focus on the parts most challenging to you.