Graduate studies in Psychology at the University of Washington are designed for students interested in a science and research-oriented program. Please read all information carefully before applying to determine whether our program is the right program for you, including a list of frequently asked questions. You may also find some of the information for current graduate students helpful as you make your decision.
July 9, 2020: We are currently updating our website, admissions literature, and application for the 2021 cycle. Please check back later this summer when we have completed the update. Thanks!
June 1, 2020: For 2021 Admissions cycle only, the Psychology Ph.D. application will NOT require the GRE test as part of the application. Students who may need to provide language proficiency, please view the UW Graduate School's page on admissions which is here.
Materials for the 2020 Admissions cycle (for reference use only)
- 2020 Admissions Application Newsletter: This is a guide to our application process, a required download. It explains each component of our application, along with deadlines, and mailing information.
- UW Graduate School Application: All applicants to a UW graduate program must complete this online application and submit the application fee. You will be required to upload all of your application into this online process. Deadline: December 2, 2019.
- 2020-2021 Application Checklist: The checklist is for both U.S. and International Applicants.
- Admissions Statistics Brochure: This brochure contains GRE/GPA statistics for our past 3 incoming classes, along with diversity recruiting information.
- Personal Statement Template (optional): This is the template for the optional Personal Statement. The instructions are also embedded within your online application.
Please write us if you experience any problems with these files. Thank you and Good luck.