Graduate studies in Psychology at the University of Washington are designed for students interested in a science and research-oriented program. Please read all information carefully before applying to determine whether our program is the right program for you, including a list of frequently asked questions. You may also find some of the information for current graduate students helpful as you make your decision.
2/20/19: All admissions decisions will be provided by April 15, 2019. Thanks for your patience.
Materials for the 2019 Admissions cycle
- 2019 Admissions Application Newsletter: This is a guide to our application process, a required download. It explains each component of our application, along with deadlines, and mailing information.
- UW Graduate School Application: All applicants to a UW graduate program must complete this online application and submit the application fee. You will be required to upload all of your application into this online process. Deadline: December 3, 2018.
- 2019-2020 Application Checklist: The checklist is for both U.S. and International Applicants.
- Admissions Statistics Brochure: This brochure contains GRE/GPA statistics for our past 3 incoming classes, along with diversity recruiting information.
- Personal Statement Template (optional): This is the template for the optional Personal Statement. The instructions are also embedded within your online application.
Please write us if you experience any problems with these files. Thank you and Good luck.