*** The Writing Center is using Canvas and Zoom for Spring 2020. If you do not have access to the Canvas course, please schedule an appointment here and then email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request access on Canvas. ***
Location: Chemistry Library Building, Room 160 Chemistry Library Building is east of Guthrie Hall (map). The building has two entrances. Use the north entrance.
We help students to write evidence-based papers in psychology and explain the reasons for writing that way. Tutors are graduate students in psychology.
- Undergraduates writing in UW psychology courses
- Psychology majors writing research papers and graduate school statements
We help students to write:
- Concise, evidence-based papers
- Formal scientific papers (article summaries, review articles, research reports & proposals)
- Clear, well organized, and readable papers (We don't proofread or edit. You're always involved in the writing process.)
Come in at any stage of writing, from organizing ideas to polishing a final draft.
- Open 30 hours a week
- 30-minute appointments
- Schedule, change, and cancel appointments online
- Schedule early to guarantee an appointment
- Drop-ins are welcome when the tutor is available
We provide many widely used handouts on general and scientific writing (e.g., steps for writing a scientific paper, style points for scientific writing, how to write a literature review, APA citation format).
For Instructors and TAs
This page summarizes writing center resources for instructors and TAs. Faculty director Jacquie Spector provides writing lectures and workshops and consults on developing and evaluating assignments.