Nancy Kenney, Ph.D.
Interests: Assisted Reproductive Technologies, Egg Donation, Motherhood,Role of Reproduction on Women's Lives, Social Attitudes, Experiences
|Do I accept and train new psychology graduate students in general?|
|Am I accepting new graduate students in the upcoming year?|
|I am NOT accepting graduate students in the 2019-2020|
|Behavioral Neuroscience Social and Personality|
My research interests lie in assessing the influence of motherhood and/or social pressures to mother on women's lives. I am particularly interested in the way in which assisted reproductive technologies affect women's experience of motherhood. My most recent work examines the impact of egg donation on society through evaluation of clients' motivations in selecting specific egg donors as well as the motivations and experiences of women who have chosen to donate eggs. Emphasis is placed on the ways in which experiences with this technology and the experience of motherhood are affected by the woman's race, ethnicity, and social class.
- Chang, S.-R., Chao, Y.-M. & Kenney, N. J. I am a woman and I_m pregnant: Body image of women in Taiwan during the third trimester of pregnancy. Birth: Issues in Perinatal Care, 2006, 33, 147-153.
- Chang, S.-R., Kenney, N. J., & Chao, Y.-M. Y. Transformation in self-identity amongst Taiwanese women in late pregnancy: A qualitative study. International Journal of Nursing Studies, in press (2009).
- Kenney, N. J. & McGowan, M. L. Looking Back: Egg donors’ retrospective evaluations of their motivations, expectations, and experiences during their first donation cycle. Fertility & Sterility, in press (published on line November 2008)
- Kenney, N. J., & McGowan, M. L. Egg donation compensation: Ethical and legal challenges. Medicolegal and Bioethics, 2014, in press.
- McGowan, M. L., & Kenney, N. J. Egg donors’ knowledge of donation outcomes and attitudes towards disposition of their eggs. In preparation
In the News
- 11/14/2018 Nancy Kenney is featured in this Right as Rain article on Mom Shaming.
- 10/25/2016 Nancy Kenney was quoted in a New York Times article about the potential hazards of egg donation titled “Should Young Women Sell Their Eggs”.
- 08/24/2004 Women who have donated eggs sought for national study
- 06/23/2017 Nancy Kenney was quoted in the Seattle Times about women choosing to have children, or not.