1) prevention and treatment of alcohol and substance use disorders among adolescents and young adults, 2) prediction of initiation of alcohol and substance use and maintenance of low- or high-risk drinking patterns, 3) co-morbidity of substance use with depression, anxiety, disordered eating, and disordered gambling, and 4) dissemination and implementation of evidence-based prevention and treatment approaches in partnership with a diverse communities and settings (e.g., schools, worksites, housing programs, clinical settings)
- May 11, 2022 Postdoc scholar Marilyn Piccirillo received a grant from the National Institutes of Health. Piccirillo is mentored by Katherine Foster and Mary Larimer.
- October 16, 2018 Mary Larimer’s work on risky behaviors is featured in this UW Medicine Newsroom article
- October 4, 2017 Mary Larimer’s research, on the effects of binge drinking on students transitioning to full time employment, is the subject of this EurekAlert article.
- May 17, 2017 Mary Larimer was selected as the 2017 recipient of the Wayne J Katon Outstanding Mentoring Award.
- September 27, 2016 Congratulations to Matt Enkema and Frank Schwebel (both mentored by Mary Larimer), as well as Sarah Edmunds (who is mentored by Wendy Stone) who recently received NRSA funding.
- September 12, 2016 Congrats to Mary Larimer, who just received a grant from the National Institutes of Health for her work investigating craving and cannabis misuse among young adults, using multiple levels of analysis.
- September 10, 2014 Congratulations to Haley Carroll, who was recently selected as a 2014 Society for Psychological Research, Research & Training Fellowship award recipient.
- April 6, 2009 Mary Larimer and Alan Marlatt's study of housing for alcoholics in Seattle made it into the Journal of American Medical Association, KING news on-line
- March 30, 2009 Diane Logan received the Margaret J. Barr Student Research Award from the Department of Education's Network Addressing Collegiate Alcohol and Other Drug Issues.
- April 9, 2007 The Center for the Study of Health & Risk Behaviors and Addictive Behaviors Research Center were honored at the Western Regional Conference on Youth Gambling Awareness for their work on the issues of youth gambling.
- December 4, 2006 Mary Larimer, Clayton Neighbors, and UW Psychological Services and Training Center for the UW Daily article "Researchers use therapy to combat rise in gambling."
- July 5, 2006 Mary Larimer and Irene Geisner's research on brief interventions for college students who are depressed is featured in UWeek.