Yan Wang named Allen Institute Next Generation Leader
The Allen Institute recognized incoming UW Psychology and UW Biology faculty Yan Wang as one of six new Next Generation Leaders: members of a unique neuroscience advisory panel made up of early-career researchers. The Next Generation Leaders Council advises neuroscience research efforts at the Allen Institute: the Allen Institute for Brain Science, the MindScope Program, and the newly launched Allen Institute for Neural Dynamics.
Next Generation Leaders are selected each year through a competitive process that includes applications from around the world. The six Next Generation Leaders selected will each have a three-year term on the advisory council, for a total of 18 council members at any given time. As the program is focused on early-career neuroscience researchers, council members are postdoctoral fellows or newly appointed faculty members.
Dr. Wang will present her research during the Allen Institute's virtual Showcase Symposium, Dec. 7-8.
The newly appointed Next Generation Leaders are:
- Emilia Favuzzi, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard Medical School and the Broad Institute
- Arif Hamid, Ph.D., Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota Medical School and Hannah Gray Fellow at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Lucas Pinto, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor at Northwestern University
- Kanaka Rajan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor at the Friedman Brain Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Jessica Tsai, M.D., Ph.D., Postdoctoral Scholar at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Z Yan Wang, Ph.D., Assistant Professor at the University of Washington
Read the Allen Institute announcement here.