Tabitha Kirkland, Ph.D.
Associate Teaching ProfessorDegree From: The Ohio State University
Interests: happiness, mindfulness, mentoring, teaching & learning
|Course(s)||PSYCH 101: Introduction to Psychology|
|PSYCH 245: Introduction to Social Psychology|
|PSYCH 209: Fundamentals of Psychological Research|
|PSYCH 345: Social Psychology|
|PSYCH 440: Psychology of Emotion|
|PSYCH 445: Theories of Social Psychology|
|PSYCH 208: Happiness|
|Do I accept and train new psychology graduate students in general?|
In the News
- September 28, 2021 Tabitha Kirkland interviewed for two UW Medicine Right as Rain articles
- January 24, 2020 Tabitha Kirkland is featured in this University of Washington Magazine article
- June 25, 2019 Tabitha Kirkland was a finalist for the Distinguished Teaching Award. Way to go Tabitha!
- December 14, 2018 The Psychology Department has several instructors nominated for the 2019 Teaching Awards! Kelly Chang and Margarita Zeitlin are up for the Excellence in Teaching Award. Tabitha Kirkland and Nicole McNichols are up for the Distinguished Teaching Award, which is the highest teaching distinction a faculty member can receive at the University of Washington.
- March 22, 2018 Tabitha Kirkland’s Happiness class, and the beneficial perspectives it provides, is the subject of a UW College of Arts & Sciences Perspectives newsletter article.
- February 26, 2018 Tabitha Kirkland was interviewed in this article, from The Daily, about diet and self-perception
- February 14, 2018 Tabitha Kirkland was interviewed about happiness and positive psychology in this article from The Daily.
- January 31, 2018 Nicole McNichols and Tabitha Kirkland discuss the psychological aspects of hazing in this article from The Daily.
- December 15, 2017 You can read Tabitha Kirkland’s tips for introverts on surviving the holidays in this Right as Rain, UW Medicine article.