|Do I accept and train new psychology graduate students in general?|
|Am I accepting new graduate students in the upcoming year?|
|I am accepting graduate students in the 2019-2020|
|Developmental Social and Personality|
My research focuses on the following topics within social cognitive development: gender nonconformity in childhood, prosocial behavior, understanding status and inequality, prejudice and discrimination.
- Horwitz, S., Shutts, K., & Olson, K.R. Social class differences produce social group preferences. Developmental Science, 17, 991-1002.
- Olson, K.R., Durwood, L., DeMeules, M., & McLaughlin, K. A. (2016). Mental health of transgender children who are supported in their identities. Pediatrics, 137 (3), 1-8.
- Olson, K.R., Key, A. C., & Eaton, N. R. Gender cognition in transgender children. Psychological Science, 26, 467-474.
In the News
- 12/18/2017 Kristina Olson’s Trans Youth Project is cited in this Bustle article about Canadian transgender teenagers avoiding health care.
- 12/12/2017 The Brown Daily Herald highlighted Kristina Olson’s recent Michael S. Goodman ’74 Memorial Lecture Series talk, When Sex and Gender Collide: Early Childhood Gender Diversity
- 12/05/2018 Kristina Olson and her Trans Youth Project are the subjects of this Seattle Met article.
- 11/01/2018 Kristina Olson has been chosen by Seattle Magazine as one of Seattle’s Most Influential People in 2018
- 10/25/2017 Congratulations to Kristina Olson, who just received a sizeable, 5 year grant from the National Institutes of Health for her work titled Views of Gender in Early Childhood.
- 10/16/2013 The Foundation for Personality and Social Psychology just announced that Kristina Olson was selected to be one of this year’s honorees for the Sage Young Scholar Award.
- 10/12/2018 Congratulations to Kristina Olson, who has been selected as a 2018 MacArthur Fellow!
- 09/22/2017 Congratulations to Anne Fast, mentored by Kristina Olson, who just won the 2017 APF/COGDOP Graduate Research Scholarship.
- 09/22/2014 Congratulations to Assistant Professor Kristina Olson, who will receive the prestigious 2015 Early Career Award from ISCON (International Social Cognition Network).
- 09/12/2016 Congratulations to James Rae, who is advised by Kristina Olson, who just received the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP) Student Publication Award for his paper: Exposure to Racial Out-Groups and Implicit Race Bias in the United States.
- 08/31/2017 Congratulations to Kristina Olson for recently received grants and gifts!
- 07/06/2018 Kristina Olson’s Trans Youth Project is cited in this Atlantic article "When Children Say They're Trans."
- 06/13/2018 Congratulations to Arianne Eason (PhD, Psychology, 2018), who is featured in this Art & Sciences Perspectives Newsletter article.
- 06/07/2017 Congratulations to Anne Fast, who is mentored by Kristina Olson, who just won the Graduate School Presidential Dissertation Fellowship.
- 06/05/2015 Kristina Olson's exciting new research on transgender and gender non-conforming youth was featured on a recent PBS NewsHour "Is gender identity biologically determined?"
- 05/04/2018 Kristina Olson discusses the inspiration that led to her research on transgender children in this Seattle Times article