Mary Larimer, Ph.D.
Professor, Psychology and Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
|Do I accept and train new psychology graduate students in general?|
|Am I accepting new graduate students in the upcoming year?|
|I am NOT accepting graduate students in 2020-2021|
1) prevention and treatment of alcohol problems among adolescents and college students, 2) prediction of initiation of drinking and maintenance of low- or high-risk drinking patterns during college, 3) co-morbidity of substance use with depression, disordered eating, and gambling problems, and 4) dissemination of evidence-based prevention and treatment approaches into clinical, school, and work-site settings.
In the News
- 10/16/2018 Mary Larimer’s work on risky behaviors is featured in this UW Medicine Newsroom article
- 10/04/2017 Mary Larimer’s research, on the effects of binge drinking on students transitioning to full time employment, is the subject of this EurekAlert article.
- 05/17/2017 Mary Larimer was selected as the 2017 recipient of the Wayne J Katon Outstanding Mentoring Award.
- 09/27/2016 Congratulations to Matt Enkema and Frank Schwebel (both mentored by Mary Larimer), as well as Sarah Edmunds (who is mentored by Wendy Stone) who recently received NRSA funding.
- 09/12/2016 Congrats to Mary Larimer, who just received a grant from the National Institutes of Health for her work investigating craving and cannabis misuse among young adults, using multiple levels of analysis.
- 09/10/2014 Congratulations to Haley Carroll, who was recently selected as a 2014 Society for Psychological Research, Research & Training Fellowship award recipient.
- 04/06/2009 Mary Larimer and Alan Marlatt's study of housing for alcoholics in Seattle made it into the Journal of American Medical Association, KING news on-line
- 03/30/2009 Diane Logan received the Margaret J. Barr Student Research Award from the Department of Education's Network Addressing Collegiate Alcohol and Other Drug Issues.
- 04/09/2007 The Center for the Study of Health & Risk Behaviors and Addictive Behaviors Research Center were honored at the Western Regional Conference on Youth Gambling Awareness for their work on the issues of youth gambling.
- 12/04/2006 Mary Larimer, Clayton Neighbors, and UW Psychological Services and Training Center for the UW Daily article "Researchers use therapy to combat rise in gambling."
- 07/05/2006 Mary Larimer and Irene Geisner's research on brief interventions for college students who are depressed is featured in UWeek.