In addition to the Departmental course requirements, the Areas may add requirements. Following are the current requirements for Animal Behavior.
All Animal Behavior students are required to take
- Psych 502 Core Concepts in Animal Behavior
and at least two of
- Psych 503 Core Concepts in Behavior Genetics
- Psych 505 Core Cocenpts in Neuroethology
- Psych 562 Evolutionary Psychology
and three other courses chosen in consultation with your Advisor and Co-Advisor.The following courses may be particularly appropriate for Animal Behavior students:
- Psych 504 Core Concepts in Behavioral Neuroscience
- Psych 505 Core Concepts in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Psych 513 Core Concepts in Biological Basis of Development
All Animal Behavior students are strongly encouraged to participate in additional Seminars and Advanced Seminars, both within and outside their Area, throughout their graduate careers.